Policy and Terms
Last update: August 16, 2023.
Hello Ribon Community!
First of all, thank you very much for your interest in knowing more about Ribon. You can count on us to answer any questions you may have about using Ribon (:
By using our services, you understand that we will collect and use your personal information in the ways described in this Policy, under the Data Protection rules (LGPD, Brazilian Federal Law 13.709/2018), the consumerist provisions of Brazilian Federal Law 8.078/1990 and other rules of the applicable legal system.
Acceptance of our Policy will be made when you access or use Ribon’s website, application or services. This will indicate that you are aware of and fully agree with how we will use your information and data.
This Policy is divided as follows to facilitate its understanding:
- What information Ribon collects
- How Ribon uses the information collected
- How, when and with whom Ribon shares your information
- What rights do you have to the information we collect
- How Ribon protects your information
- Activity record
- Contact us
- Applicable law
What information Ribon collects
In order to enable the provision of services and improve the user experience, our website collects and uses the following types of information:
Information you provide to us
Data is provided to confirm your donation. This data is used exclusively for communication, such as sending emails and customizing your profile. That includes:
- Registration data: when you register with Ribon, you provide us with information such as your name, profile picture, email address and telephone number.
- Connection by third-party services: when you connect or log in to Ribon with third-party services (eg Facebook, Google and Apple), we may collect the data you provide to us through those services, such as your name and email address. In this case, we will respect your privacy settings and ask for authorization to collect such data.
- Contacting support via external channels: when you contact our support service via other platforms (e.g. WhatsApp or SMS), we may collect your contact information provided by these platforms.
Information generated when you use our services
In order to analyze, customize and improve the user experience, we collect the following generated information:
- Access records. Ribon automatically collects application access logs, which include the IP address of the device used to access Ribon’s services. These data are required to be collected, in accordance with Brazilian Law 12.965/2014, but will only be provided to third parties with your express authorization or through a court order.
- Usage data. We collect information about your interactions on Ribon, such as In-App Navigation Data (which parts of the App you accessed and how you interacted with the screens).
- Technical Data. We collect technical data, such as URL, network connection, provider, and device information, which is collected through your connected equipment or device, if you authorize it. Your authorization may be revoked at any time. However, this may disable some of the functionality of the platform.
- Payment data. When you make payments on Ribon, payment data may be stored, such as the date and time, the amount and other details of the transaction, which may also be used for fraud prevention purposes. In this way, we can provide you with a safe and suitable environment for you to carry out your transactions.
- Credit Card Data. Ribon does not store credit card data. All credit card information is encrypted and sent directly to payment processors, which are framed within PCI security standards, in compliance with the security requirements required by the main brands of international credit cards.
- Equipment features. Like most applications, in order to function, Ribon automatically collects data about the characteristics of your device, including its operating system, its version, hardware information, language, internet signal and battery.
- Communications with Ribon. When you communicate with Ribon, we collect information about your communication, including metadata such as date, IP and time of communications and all of your content, as well as any information you choose to provide.
- Communications with other users. When you communicate with other Ribon users, we collect information about your communication, including metadata such as date, IP and time of communications and all of their content, as well as any information you choose to provide.
Information from other sources
This can include:
- Data collected from other platforms. Ribon may interact with other platforms and other services, such as social networks and means of payment. Some of these services may provide us with information about you, which we will collect to provide you with a better experience and increasingly improve our services and offer you new features, as well as authenticate users, remember user preferences and settings, understand user behaviors and interests.
- Integration data. Ribon sends processed data to integration partners, however it does not collect any information that is not related to tickets that have been released.
How Ribon uses the information collected
We place great value on your privacy. Regardless of the data that is shared on the blockchain, such as encrypted email for registering ticket donations and credit card donations, and wallet address for direct donations through cryptocurrencies, all data and information about you is treated as confidential, and we will only use them for the purposes described and authorized by you, mainly so that you can fully use Ribon, always aiming to improve your experience as a user.
In this way, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Allow you to access and use all of Ribon’s functionalities;
- Provide the services and offer the contracted products and improve the Ribon application and websites use and experience with;
- Identification, authentication and verification of requirements for contracting Ribon’s services;
- Answering requests and questions, sending messages regarding support or service, such as alerts, notifications, usage push and updates;
- Communications about products, services, promotions, news, updates, events and other matters you may be interested in;
- Analysis of user traffic in our applications,
- Creation of new services, products and functionalities;
- Generation of statistics, studies, research and surveys related to activities and behavior in the use of products or services;
- Prevention and resolution of technical or security issues, detection and prevention of fraud, spam and security incidents;
- Verify or authenticate the information provided by you, including against data collected from other sources;
- Better understand user behavior and build behavioral profiles and customize the service to suit your tastes and interests more and more;
- For whatever purpose you authorize at the time of data collection;
- Comply with legal obligations.
All data collected will be deleted from our servers when you request it, for free and facilitated procedure, or when they are no longer necessary or relevant for us to offer you our services, unless there is any other reason for maintaining it, such as a possible legal obligation to retain data or the need to preserve it to protect Ribon’s rights.
Despite any requests by the user, we clarify that the data recorded on the blockchain are immutable and distributed in an irreversible chain, which is why Ribon has the autonomy and powers to revert, change or delete such data under no circumstances.
In cases where you request the deletion of your data, the email with the history will be anonymized and the deletion will be effective within 10 (ten) business days from your request.
How, when and with whom Ribon shares your information
Ribon may share the information it collects with integration partners. Every donation that is made with the integration partner, the partnet has access to the following details: donation impact, NGO name and details (such as NGO images and cause), donor USER EMAIL and blockchain transaction hash. PYou hereby expressly authorize such sharing.
All data, information and content about you can be considered assets in the case of negotiations in which Ribon is part. Therefore, we reserve the right, for example, to include your data among the company’s assets if it is sold, acquired or merged with another company. Through this Policy you agree and are aware of this possibility.
Ribon reserves the right to provide your data and information about you, including your interactions, if legally required to do so, a necessary act for the company to comply with national laws, or if you expressly authorize it.
What rights do you have to the information we collect
You can always choose not to disclose your data, but keep in mind that some of this data may be necessary to use the functionality of our applications. Regardless, you will always have rights regarding privacy and the protection of your personal data.
In this way, below we summarize all the rights you have under the sectoral laws regarding data protection and the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (“LGPD”), namely:
- Right of access. This right allows you to request and receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification. This right allows you, at any time, to request the correction and/or rectification of your personal data, if you identify that some of them are incorrect. However, in order for this correction to take effect, we will have to check the validity of the data you provide us. You can directly rectify some of your personal data via email email@example.com
- Right of deletion. This right allows you to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you. All data collected will be deleted from our servers when you request it or when it is no longer necessary or relevant for us to offer you our services, unless there is any other reason for maintaining it, such as a possible legal obligation to retain data or the need to preserve it to protect Ribon’s rights. To change your personal information or delete it from our database, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to object to processing. You also have the right to object where and in what context we are processing your personal data for different purposes. In certain situations, we can demonstrate that we have legitimate reasons to process your data, which override your rights, if, for example, they are essential for the provision of our applications.
- Right to request anonymization, blocking or deletion. This right allows you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data; (b) when you need the data to be kept even if we no longer need it, as necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (c) you have objected to the use of your data, but in this case we need to verify that we have legitimate reasons for using it.
- Right to portability. We will provide you, or third parties you have chosen, with your personal data in a structured and interoperable format.
- Right to review automated decisions. You also have the right to request the review of decisions taken solely on the basis of automated processing of your personal data that affect your interests, including decisions aimed at defining personal, professional, consumer and credit profiles and/or aspects of your personality.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you for more information regarding your request in order to expedite our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 5 business days. Occasionally, it may take longer than five (5) days if your request is particularly complex or if you have made multiple requests. In this case, we will communicate with you and keep you updated on the progress of your request.
If you have any questions about these issues and how you can exercise these rights, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
How Ribon protects your information
All your data is confidential and only people with the proper authorizations will have access to it. Any use of these will be in accordance with this Policy. Ribon will use all reasonable market efforts to ensure the security of our systems and your data. Our servers are located in different locations to ensure stability and security, and can only be accessed through previously authorized communication channels.
In order to keep your personal information safe, we use electronic and managerial tools aimed at protecting your privacy. We apply these tools taking into account the nature of the personal data collected, the context and purpose of the treatment and the risks that possible violations would generate for the rights and freedoms of the data subject collected and processed. Among the measures we adopt, we highlight the following:
- Only authorized persons have access to your personal data;
- Your personal data is stored in a safe and suitable environment.
Ribon is committed to adopting the best postures to avoid security incidents. However, it is necessary to point out that no virtual page is entirely safe and risk-free. It is possible that, despite all our security protocols, problems that are solely the fault of third parties may occur, such as cyber attacks by hackers, or also as a result of negligence or imprudence by the user/customer.
All your information will be, whenever possible, encrypted, if it does not prevent its use by the platform. At any time, you may request a copy of your data stored in our systems. We will keep the data and information only until when they are necessary or relevant for the purposes described in this Policy, or in case of periods predetermined by law, or until when these are necessary for the maintenance of legitimate interests of Ribon.
Ribon considers your privacy extremely important and will do everything in its power to protect it. However, we cannot guarantee that all data and information about you on our platform will be free from unauthorized access, especially if there is improper sharing of the credentials necessary to access our application.
In case of security incidents that could generate risk or relevant damage for you or any of our users/customers, we will inform those affected and the Brazilian National Data Protection Authority about what happened, in line with the provisions of the Brazilian General Data Protection Law.
Therefore, you are solely responsible for keeping your access password in a safe place and sharing it with third parties is prohibited. You undertake to notify Ribon immediately, through secure means, regarding any unauthorized use of your account, as well as unauthorized access by third parties to it.
We may record the activities that you carry out when using our application, website or blogs, creating, when possible and applicable, logs (records of activities carried out on the websites and applications and services) that will contain: the IP address, access and actions performed by you on the service available, date and time of each action performed and information about the device used, such as operating system version, browser and geolocation. We may also use certain proprietary or third-party technologies to monitor activities carried out while you access our websites and blogs, such as:
Cookies: are internet files that temporarily store what you are visiting on the web. Ribon has cookies on its platform, its websites and blogs and also receives information from partners regarding cookies inserted on their respective websites. Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering you and your preferences, persisting information related to your activities on the website you visit, or collecting information that can be used to deliver content in a personalized way.
Web beacon: Web beacon is a technique that allows mapping who is visiting a certain web page, identifying their behavior with different websites or web servers.
Analytics Tools: These tools may collect information such as how you visit a website, including which pages and when you visit those pages, other websites you have visited before, and so on.
In addition, we are also committed to seeking technical and organizational conditions that are safely able to protect the entire data processing process. If the Brazilian National Data Protection Authority requires the adoption of measures in relation to the data processing carried out by Ribon, we undertake to follow them.
Despite the high security standards in order to avoid incidents, no virtual page is completely free of risks. In this sense, Ribon is not responsible for:
I – Any consequences arising from the negligence, imprudence or malpractice of users in relation to their individual data. We guarantee and are only responsible for the security of the data processing processes and the fulfillment of the purposes described in this instrument.
We emphasize that the user is responsible for the confidentiality of access data.
II – Malicious actions by third parties, such as hacker attacks, unless proven guilty or deliberate conduct by Ribon.
We emphasize that in case of security incidents that may generate risk or significant damage to you or any of our users/customers, we will inform those affected and the Brazilian National Data Protection Authority about what happened and we will comply with the necessary measures.
III – Inaccuracy of the information entered by the user/customer in the records necessary for the use of Ribon’s services; any consequences arising from false information or information entered in bad faith are entirely the responsibility of the user/client.
Open the Ribon application > tap on the gear at the top of the screen > click on the “Support” section and chat with us or email.
This document is governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil. The Jurisdiction of the Judicial District of Brasilia, Federal District, is hereby elected as competent to resolve any issues that may arise from this document, with express waiver of any other, however privileged it may be.
Last update: August 16, 2023.
Hello Ribon community!
First of all thank you very much for your interest in knowing more about Ribon. You can count on us to answer any questions you may have about using Ribon (:
This application and its content (“Ribon“) are controlled and operated by Ribon itself. All rights reserved.
Ribon is a platform that puts donation in people’s digital routine through donation tickets that allow anyone to donate following a few simple steps. This is how the platform manages to raise funds for social projects, encourage a global culture of giving and make people happier.
It is a unique and innovative framework, created by the Ribon team, developed interactively since 2016 and awarded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and IDEO as one of the 10 most innovative platforms in the world in the donation market.
To do this, the Ribon platform uses the Ribon protocol so that USDC donation tickets are financed by values resulting from a cumulative fund (donation pool) composed of contributions made by promoters, users or entities that wish to put money in the donation pool. Only selected charities can redeem USDC from the donation pool after having tickets earmarked for them. USDC donation pools are always locked into our smart contracts, so there is no way for users or integrators to use or sell them on the open market or any other protocol.
Integration partners are important Ribon agents and access the Ribon protocol through the Ribon platform. Integrations distribute donation tickets for specific actions taken on their platform. They are varied and diverse, and each integration can customize the experience to meet your specific needs, whether aiming to increase some metric, but also as a reward for loyal customers or for tasks that are important on their platforms.
The Ribon platform offers its users a customer service, via the Internet, through which they have access to all the information mentioned above, among others. However, it should be noted that it is not a broker (exchange) and therefore is not responsible for the allocation of assets allocated in the user’s wallet.
Careful reading of all information is of fundamental importance for monitoring and making donations through the Ribon platform.
If you cannot access any of the information, the user must contact Ribon support through the application or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By proceeding and using the platform, the user is aware of the information provided above, as well as the risks involved in operations involving digital assets on decentralized blockchain platforms.
What is Ribon
Ribon is a giving platform that allows donors to become promoters and, in doing so, encourage others to join in a global culture of giving. In this way, it is possible to increase donations to social projects, promote a culture of donation in the world and make people happier. The platform operated on top of the Ribon protocol, which is built on Matic/Polygon, a layer 2 on Ethereum.
By using RIBON, you acknowledge that all transactions are carried out on the blockchain.
How to access Ribon
To use Ribon, you must be at least 18 (eighteen) years old.
Upon registration, you will be the holder of an account that can only be accessed by you. If Ribon detects any account made from false information, by users who, for example, do not have the minimum age allowed, that account will be automatically deleted.
From now on, you undertake to keep your personal information up to date. You also agree that you will keep your login and password secure and out of reach of third parties, and will not allow your Ribon account to be used by others. In this way, the user is responsible for all actions performed on his account.
Alternatively, Ribon may offer you the possibility of registering through your account on third-party services such as Facebook and Google, but not only these. In this case, you authorize Ribon to access, store and use the information provided by third parties in order to create your Ribon account.
Ribon reaffirms that it does NOT have any connection with these third parties, not having any responsibility, nor guaranteeing, under any circumstances, the products or services provided by them.
Plans subscription and cancellation
Ribon provides free and paid services as defined below.
The user will be allowed to make a single paid donation, as well as subscriptions available through paid plan(s) upon advance payment for subscribing to the plan. If the day on which the payment is made is not repeated every month (for example: 31st), the payment will be charged on the business day before the one that would eventually occur if that date existed in the month in question (for example: 28th or 30th). There will be automatic renewal of the plan, unless you manifest otherwise requesting cancellation, before the billing date.
The subscription cancellation to the plan can be carried out at any time by the user and will be understood as an express manifestation that he does not intend to renew the license in the next period not yet accounted for billing purposes. The cancellation does not entail any obligation to Ribon to return the payment for the month in which the user chose not to renew the contractual relationship.
We at Ribon know that each of the plans is more suitable for the impact you want and can afford at the moment. With that in mind, we offer you the possibility to switch between plans (subject to changes in the availability of resources offered by each one), editing or upgrading/downgrading your subscription. It is important to emphasize that the user who wants to cancel or leave the Paid Versions will not lose his account or the generated content, he will only become a free plan user, losing access to the previously offered features.
How are payments made on Ribon
Payments made on Ribon must be made within the application, by means of a credit card or transactions with certain cryptocurrencies.
The price paid by you is final and non-refundable unless otherwise determined by Ribon.
Ribon reserves the right to establish, remove and/or revise the price relating to all services or goods obtained through the use of the application at any time. We will never change the value of your subscription without notifying you first.
If any tax is incurred, the user will be responsible for its collection. In case of eventual collection by the application, it explains that it will be passed on to the user in the price.
Confirmation of payment through the application will occur within 2 (two) business days. Processing of payment information and payment confirmation will be carried out by third-party systems (eg financial institution or credit card administrator), with the application being a mere interface between the customer and these systems.
Certain Ribon products or promotions may require a minimum subscription period. It is important that the user is aware that, if he decides not to use such products before the minimum subscription peirod, additional fees may be charged.
If Ribon creates a promotional code (for example, a discount coupon), it must be used legally for the purpose and the specific public or user for which it is intended, following all its conditions. The promotional code may be canceled if it is found that it was transferred, sold or used in error, fraud, illegality or violation of the conditions of the respective code.
For us at Ribon, the quality of the materials made available to the user is of paramount importance. Their creation is the result of hard work and dedication from developers.
Ribon’s services are open source, and users are permitted to use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, or exploit and reverse engineer Ribon’s Content for any purpose, as part of the services, without Ribon’s prior and express consent, provided that said credits are published and inform that it is a matter of third party use.
The license we grant you is:
- Global, which means that it is valid anywhere in the world;
- Non-exclusive, which means we can license the software to other people;
- Royalty-free, which means that there are no monetary fees related to it;
- Personal, which means that it cannot be extended to anyone else;
- Non-transferable, which means that it is not possible to transfer it to anyone else.
Some of our services include software offered under open source license terms. Sometimes there are provisions in the open source license that override parts of these terms.
Finally, we ratify that Ribon’s trademark and other intellectual property rights over the service provided by us will remain under Ribon’s ownership.
It is prohibited for the user to download our content with the intention of storing it in a database to offer to third parties other than the user himself.
Claims about copyright infringement
Claims of copyright infringement of any content available on Ribon should be forwarded via email to email@example.com
User and Ribon responsibilities
Ribon, its controller, its affiliates, partners or employees will not, under any circumstances, be liable for direct or indirect damages resulting from, or related to, access, use or inability to access or use Ribon.
IN VIEW OF THE CHARACTERISTICS INHERENT TO THE INTERNET ENVIRONMENT, RIBON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERRUPTIONS OR SUSPENSIONS OF CONNECTION, INCOMPLETE OR FAILED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS, AS WELL AS FOR TECHNICAL FAILURE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MALFUNCTIONING ELECTRONIC FROM ANY NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. THE UNAVAILABILITY OF ACCESS TO THE INTERNET OR TO RIBON, AS WELL AS ANY INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION ABOUT RIBON AND ANY HUMAN, TECHNICAL OR OTHER FAILURE IN THE PROCESSING OF RIBON INFORMATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED RIBON’S RESPONSIBILITY. RIBON DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM SUCH FACTS AND/OR ACTS.
Where permitted by law, Ribon and its suppliers or distributors shall not be liable for lost profits, lost revenue, lost data, financial losses or for indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages.
It is your sole responsibility to keep the environment of your device (computer, cell phone, tablet, among others) safe, using available tools, such as antivirus, firewall, among others, in order to contribute to the prevention of electronic risks.
How Ribon handles the content you and other users produce
Ribon may, at its sole discretion, allow you or any other user to submit, upload, publish or make available, in the application, text, image, audio or video content or information (“User Content”).
Any User Content of a defamatory, libelous, libelous, violent, pornographic, obscene, offensive or unlawful nature is prohibited, as determined by Ribon at its sole discretion, including proprietary information belonging to other persons or companies (eg copyright , brands), without the express authorization of the holder of these rights, whose violation will not be the responsibility of Ribon.
Any User Content provided by you remains your property. However, by providing it to Ribon, you grant us a worldwide, indefinite-term, free, transferable license and right to sublicense, use, copy, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, publish, display such Content of User in all possible formats and distribution channels, without the need for further notice to you, and without the need for any payment, as long as this is related to the functioning of the platform. Furthermore, emails registered on the Polygon blockchain are protected by encryption, which means that we will be “blind” to such Content.
Ribon may, but is not obligated to, review, monitor and remove User Content, in Ribon’s sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, without notice to you.
In the event of a conflict between these terms and the modifying terms, the later terms will control with respect to that conflict.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org